I didn't post yesterday because I was afraid it would be way to "woe-is-me." I was getting annoyed that they kept teasing me with triggering, and was uncomfortable, and it just wouldn't have been pretty. They decided to hold off on triggering me until tonight to let some more follies grow. So, now my E2 is up to 3700ish so I'm hoping for a good number of eggs on Friday. I'm still triggering with Lupron, so I can POAS to my heart's content (though I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet.)
We had some interesting conversation during the U/S this morning. At one point there were four people in the room - the RE, his PA, the U/S tech and the nurse. It was getting a little crowded. Anyway, after the RE had left, the PA started saying that she was sorry she wasn't going to be there for my retrieval, because she was leaving for Florida to visit family. So, I brought up the fact that I had wanted to trigger the night before so I'd be able to go see a concert on Friday. When they asked what concert, I sheepishly admitted that it was NKOTB, but they actually thought it was pretty cool. The PA had seen them when she was in sixth grade, and would have considered going again if she hadn't been going away. But, they all said that I should actually be ok to go - just take some pain meds and don't jump around. I'm so excited! Now, I know I won't know how I'm feeling until after, but at least there's a chance I can go. We were also talking a little bit about how the sedation works for the retrieval, and they revealed that they did one yesterday where the girl kept talking the whole time and kept asking them if they liked her socks. I really hope I don't do that!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Good luck! So excited for you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on passing your exam!! Wishing you all the luck in the world for your trigger and ER.
ReplyDeleteSo...who's your favorite new kid? I'm pegging you as a Jordan girl ;)
Woo hoo! How exciting! I may have been the girl talking about her socks last week. ;) They were crazy lucky shamrock socks.
ReplyDeleteHappy Trigger night!
Wow, I'm impressed. Totally a Jordan girl! And I hope your lucky shamrock socks brought you luck Carrie!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
ReplyDeleteOh girl. I saw NKOTB a few months ago...and they were AWESOME!! I am not far behind you :D I will be saying prayers for you all along the way!! God bless those eggies :D HUGS AND LOVE!!
ReplyDeleteGOOD LUCK AT ER TODAY!!!!!
ReplyDelete