Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm PUPO!

I just got back from our ET. Everything went pretty well. When I got there, they did an ultrasound and my bladder wasn't quite full enough, so we had to wait about 20 minutes or so for my bladder to fill up. The actual transfer went smoothly - saw the catheter on the U/S screen. So now I have two beautiful embryos in me. They were both grade 1 and the embryologist said they looked great. She actually came in afterwards and went through a book of pictures with us that showed each stage of development, including where ours were at today. We had three that she was going to freeze today, and one she was pretty sure just needed another day to grow that looked good. There were a few others that they were watching too. So, we'll at least 4 frozen embryos too! They did give us a picture of our embryos, but I have to figure out how to scan it so I can post it.

The other exciting thing - they're pretty sure I won't have to be on bed rest anymore! My ovaries looked pretty quiet this morning, and my I&O was better yesterday. They have to look at my lab work to know for sure, but hopefully I'll be back to work tomorrow.

My betas are scheduled for 3/31 and 4/2, though they won't tell me anything until 4/2. They don't even run the one on the 31st. They just freeze the blood and then run them both with the second to see if the betas are doubling. I think I'm going to keep every part of me crossed until then.

10 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! Take it easy the next few days! Let those embies get comfy. SO excited for you! Looks like 4/2 is the date for the both of us. Ugh.. I'm so nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so glad your transfer went well! :) We should have a baby shower for ourselves or something. BTW, super jealous about the quiet ovaries... mine are raging!

    Good luck in the 2ww. It is so slow!

    Hugs,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear things went so well!!!

    Can't wait to see pics of your little embryos. Now rest and let them snuggle on in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fingers are crossed for you too! I really hope this is it for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear the tranfer was a success (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!! Grow embies Grow! Now get 2 more days rest to let them snuggle in. Did you do a 3dt or 5dt?? What a strange protocol for the betas....I'll kill my RE if he does that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah!! I am so happy for you!!! Fingers crossed!!

    ((((((sticky vibes))))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Misty - it was a 5dt. And I wish I could rest another day, but I've been off of work for almost a week already. I've been taking it easy today, but I have to go back tomorrow.

    Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yippee! I hope you're pregnant for the next nine months! And you're embies are gorgeous. Rest up anyway, and let the wee ones snuggle in for the long haul.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, such great news!!! They're just beautiful. Take care of yourself. Thanks for stopping by our blog.

    ReplyDelete