Friday, March 20, 2009

ER done

Everything went well today. We got started a little later then scheduled because it was busy at the office. The ER was supposed to start at 8, but it was a little before 9 until we finally got started. Since the PA was away today, the doctor had to see some of the office patients until we could get started. But then I went off to sleep ( I hope! ) and before I knew it I was waking up and being rolled back into recovery. The RE said it went really well. He expected it to take a little longer than normal because I had so many follicles. But, my ovaries cooperated and it took less than an hour. And the grand total of eggs retrieved - 31!!! I'm sure not nearly all of them are mature. But, it should give us a good starting point!

The only sorta bad thing - and minor in comparison to other things - is that I'm on bed rest for the day. So, no concert tonight. The nurse said that she was going to check with the doctor, because I only had a small amount of fluid. But, he's a very cautious doctor, so I doubt that he's going to agree to it. Oh well, I'll take 31 eggs for not being able to go to the concert.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for 31 eggs! I hope everything goes well for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 31 eggs! Woo hoo! Rest up today and let us know the fert report when you can!! :)

    Hugs,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow 31! Thats awesome!! Sorry you're missing the concert but its so worth it! Can't wait to here your fert report... ET Sunday or Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great report and congrats on the 31 eggs!! That is a great number to start with! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete