Monday, March 16, 2009

Slow Down!

That's what my RE yelled at me as I walked by him this morning on my way back to get my blood drawn. Apparently I was walking to fast and to bouncy for someone with ovaries my size. So now, I have to glide everywhere I walk. It's a lot harder to walk slowly then I thought it would be. It actually takes a lot of concentration to not walk my normal pace.

Other than getting yelled at by my RE (and he didn't really yell - just suggested strongly), the appointment went pretty well. The fluid they saw Saturday was gone, so I guess my laying around and watching America's Next Top Model all day was worth it. And I was able to go to work, which I was worried he might not let me go. There were 27 follicles on my left! I think only about 10 or so were a mature size. And I think there were about 15-20 on the right with five or so that looked fairly big. My E2 was 1555, so even though I had a follicle or two that was 20mm, I have one more night of stims and most likely will trigger tomorrow with retrieval on Thursday. Which means I might be able to go to my concert on Friday night!

I had some other good news today. I found out I passed my recertification exam, so I am officially a physician assistant for another six years! I was actually a little surprised by my results - I did a lot better then I thought I would. It's such a huge relief that that is over. Now, if I can only pass my other "test" in a few weeks, it would make for an amazing month.

5 comments:

  1. Holy eggs! You have got some winners in there!!! Good work on taking it slow- it is hard to do. I am trying to lay around after retrieval and have to force myself, but the belly is getting really bloated, so I am worrying about OHSS... hopefully not.

    Exciting to trigger soon! :) Glad it is all going so well.

    Hugs,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on passing the test! I hope things go well for you in the next few days and they get a good number of eggs. Good luck on your next "test"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on passing your exam! and on the follies! Oh goody, something else to look forward to on Thursday, you'll have your ER and Jayme will have her FET. Lets hope you both do well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on passing the exam, yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the exam and yay for all those eggs!!! I trigger tonight so we are right on schedule with each other!!! Good luck Thursday!

    ReplyDelete