Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The RE waiting room

I had to go the RE yesterday morning to get some blood drawn for monitoring of my metformin. I always feel a little odd sitting in the RE waiting room. I know all the women (and occassionally men) are going through the same thing I am. I feel a sort of kinship with them even though I've never talked to any of them. I wonder what stage they are at, what treatments they are getting. There was a girl getting her blood drawn next to me yesterday, and I'm pretty sure she was in the 2ww. They were talking about how some people prefer PIO shots to progesterone suppositories, and the nurse told her around what time they'd be calling. So I'm thinking she might have even been there for a beta - that's the only time that they've given me a time. It's just usually "in the afternoon." I keep thinking about her and wondering what the results were.

And yet, I'm almost a little embarrassed at times - that feeling of knowing what other people are there for without having to be told. Any other doctor's office you walk into you can't tell what the person across from you is there for - if they're getting a refill on their high blood pressure meds or have a sprained ankle. It's just like there's no privacy when you're at the RE. It's such an odd feeling. I must say, though, that my RE has the most up to date magazine collection in his waiting room that I've ever seen at a doctor's office. There is always the most recent Soap Opera Update - so at least I always have something to read!

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way at the RE's waiting room. I actually ran into an old teacher of mine there! Talk about weird! Hes probably in his 40's and wondering what the heck I was doing there! I can't believe you've been to my hometown. Talk about a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand how you feel. My nurse was actually a client of the salon I used to work in...one good thing was I received GREAT treatment & help.

    ReplyDelete