Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Days

Today is my 30th birthday. I knew this birthday was not going to be any fun if I wasn't KU yet. And I spent most of the day studying. We did have brunch with some friends this morning, and I got to hold their adorable 5 and a half month old while dad ate. But the big excitement was last weekend.

When I got home from work last Friday, I walked into the house and DH was sitting on his recliner, which wasn't unusual. But, he was supposed to be leaving for an event at church shortly, and the dining room table was set - with three places - and there were some red Gerber daisies on the table. I come around the corner, and there are my sister and a good friend who now lives in Boston sitting there! They had been planning this surprise since last August, and I had no idea! They had made dinner and bought not one, but two cakes since our dog had gotten to the first cake. The three of us spent the evening talking and laughing. It was such a great surprise.

The next day, we went to a small art museum in the city near us, went and got manis/pedis, and then went out to dinner. I should have suspected something was up because my sister wasn't feeling well at one point, and I kept saying we should just go home, but she kept saying she was just fine. Even though she didn't look fine at all. So, when we got home after dinner, DH's car was in the garage, but the lights were all out when we walked inside - and it was only 7:30. There was no way DH was up in bed. I looked to my left and saw the streamers in the doorway and realized I had been surprised for the second time in one weekend. It was just a few friends, but we had some cake from my favorite bakery and played some Wii. It was a great weekend and I still can't believe DH managed to surprise me twice in one weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Aww that sounds like a blast, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic way to spend your 30th! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you!

    I'm glad you had a good birthday. I'm worried about making it through mine too, so I know exactly how nice it was to have a good distraction. Yay for DH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome! I'm so glad you have such great friends and hubby! Sounds like a fun weekend. Happy B-day too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! What a great couple of surprises, I'm impressed :)

    ReplyDelete