We had an appointment with the RE on Friday the 13th. (I wonder what kind of omen that is.) It was our IVF consult and shot teaching for DH. But we got our calendar for our IVF cycle. I started BCPs that day and will be on them until 3/3, with an appointment on 3/2 for an ultrasound and FSH. Then we have a tentative appointment on 3/8 for the baseline U/S and will start stims. And finally tentative ER of 3/19 and a tentative ET of 3/24. I can't believe we're actually here.
I'm actually a little stressed out about those dates. When I scheduled my big exam, I was sure that I had timed things right that at most, I'd be on BCPs when taking the test. The karyotype was supposed to take 3-4 weeks to come back and I was sure I'd have a week of Provera to take to bring on AF. Instead, the karyotype took only 2 weeks, and my body decided to O on it's own for once. So now the tentative baseline appointment date is the day before the test, so I'm really hoping that it doesn't get pushed back for any reason. As it is, I'm in a handbell choir at church and March 8th is one of the Sundays that we play. Hopefully that shouldn't be a problem - I should be able to fit the appointment in between services. Plus, I think I have a back up for that - I just have to talk to my friend about it.
And finally, this is completely minor, and I shouldn't even be worrying about it. But, my mom bought me tickets to go see the NKOTB for my birthday - and the concert is 3/20 - the day after my tentative retrieval. I would just feel so bad if I couldn't go since my mom spent all this money on the tickets. I know she would understand, but I'd just feel guilty. Plus - I really want to go! Though admittedly, not as much as I want to have a baby. I think I just figured that one out pretty easily. What's $140 in tickets compared to risking something going wrong with my IVF cycle.
I guess I'll just have to hope for the best.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I am happy that you are going for the IVF ! Don't worry about the tickets and the cost ...I missed many concerts.
ReplyDeleteOMG!!! We are going to be IVF/FET buddies! I'm on BCP right now and have my base line u/s 3/2 also! My FET is set anywhere from 3/19-3-24. That is really freaky! I hope we get our BFP's together. Good luck to you! I know its really overwhelming but it will all be fine and go alot smoother than you think! ekk!! I'm so excited!
ReplyDeleteYAY! I'm with Dot too, don't worry about the concert. Your mom will understand and hopefully can find someone else to take. Take care of yourself!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the calendar and moving forward. It really is a sigh of relief to start getting it on the calendar.
ReplyDeleteI saw NKOTB last fall and had a blast at the show. Do I recall you also had gone to a show? Anyways, I feel your pain in making this choice but I too wouldn't worry about missing it, if you can!
That is very exciting!!! I am only a few days ahead of you but of course my schedule could change. Good luck to you!!
ReplyDelete