Sunday, February 8, 2009

25 Random Things

I've seen this going around and it looked like fun, so I decided to join in. I have a real post coming. I had two surprises this weekend (and no, it's not a BFP) that kept me busy.

1. I love having my birthday on Valentine's Day.

2. I would have love to have been a ballet dancer.

3. I have lived in a castle.

4. Though I've only had three graduations, I have 5 diplomas - 2 from high school because they signed the wrong principal's name and 2 from undergrad because the school changed it's name right after I graduated.

5. I've lived in two different houses on the same street in two different towns.

6. My cat is named after a character in Pride and Prejudice and my dog is named after a dancer on So You Think You Can Dance.

7. I first read Gone With The Wind when I was in seventh grade and have read it about once a year ever since.

8. The first concert I ever saw was The Monkees when I was 8 years old. I saw them again the summer before my senior year of high school.

9. I decided to become a physician assistant when I went to a presentation on them at a career day my sophomore year of high school - I had never heard of them before that.

10. I love my job because I get to work with babies every day.

11. I met my husband in a church handbell choir in high school. We dated for three weeks and broke up and then didn't start dating again until almost exactly 9 years later.

12. I've never been further west then the Mississippi River, but would love to take a cross country trip some day, stopping at all the Laura Ingalls Wilder historical sites along the way.

13. I love watching The Big Bang Theory because it reminds me of a lot of my friends, especially my friends from high school.
14. My favorite dessert is Breyer's Vanilla Fudge Twirl ice cream on dessert shells with strawberries and chocolate syrup. And whipped cream. And it has to be Breyer's ice cream.

15. I love reading blogs - I have 168 subscriptions currently in my Google Reader.

16. The first time I ever flew was a high school trip to Italy. I was an amazing trip and I'll never forget flying over the Alps and seeing the tops of the mountains peaking out over the clouds.

17. I am a Certified Car Seat Safety Technician and it is now a pet peeve of mine whenever I'm out seeing car seats with things that shouldn't be on them or not adjusted properly. And they almost never are.

18. I was in a newspaper article in elementary school about getting a computer in our classroom. It was such a big deal to have a computer in the classroom they did a story on it. Now we have three in our house.

19. One of my favorite parts of watching Jon and Kate plus 8 was looking for landmarks that I knew since they didn't live too far from me. Now that they've moved, I doubt that will happen anymore. The kids are too cute to stop watching though.

20. I'm extremely introverted. If I'm around people too long, I have to get away and spend time alone. And yet, I chose a profession in which I have to interact with many people every day.

21. In case you couldn't tell before, I love to read. I currently have 8 books sitting next to my bed to be read that I got for Christmas, including the Twilight series. Unfortunately I've told myself I can't start until I take my recertification exam for my physician assistant certification, and that's not for another month.

22. When DH and I bought our house a year and a half ago, it was the first time I had ever lived in a house not attached to any other houses. Unless you count the one that was a converted garage in the back yard of another house, which I do not.

23. I got married, started a new job with over an hour commute and moved within a span of 2 months in 2006. And the move only cut the commute by 10-15 minutes.

24. I can sit and play Oblivion on Xbox 360 for hours.

25. I'm a big Nascar fan, which for some reason tends to surprise people who don't know me very well. And I have been as long as I can remember. I was a big Davey Allison fan, and then started following Jeff Gordon when Allison died.

2 comments:

  1. Wait a minute....where were the 2 big surprises?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, i think I remember you from webmd now!! Thanks for finding my blog...and giving me another to read! I'm way addicted to this!

    ReplyDelete