Thursday, July 9, 2009

Resting

Wow! Over a month. I actually have time to update because I'm currently home resting. I'd been having some low back pain and lower abdominal pain for a day or so, so I went to see my OB yesterday. Everything looked OK. They did an ultrasound and my cervix was nice and long - 3.4 cm, and no funneling or change with pressure. But, they told me to stay off work the rest of the week. So, I came home, and basically have been sleeping or resting since then, and I'm feeling much better. I think I just overdid it over the weekend. My sister was up visiting, so I went somewhere every day over the three day weekend, and I usually take a day during the weekend to just relax and do nothing. I think I'll have to go back to that if I'm going to continue working for awhile.



I took my first belly pic last week - I'll have to get it off the camera to post it later. Part of me now wishes I had started them sooner, to see the change, but it was another one of those things that made me nervous. That taking the pictures made the pregnancy real and I didn't want to have them if something went wrong. But the belly is definitely growing, so now we're going to take weekly pictures. I'm sure the change will still be dramatic.

Overall the past month has been pretty quiet, which probably explains the lack of posts. I mostly just go to work, come home and eat dinner and then try to stay up 2 hours so I can check my blood sugar before I go to bed. I have started feeling the babies move. I think I started around 15weeks, though I wasn't sure what I was feeling. It's still not consistent - I feel them mostly at night when I move around in bed, but it's nice to have that reassurance that they're in there moving around.

3 comments:

  1. Glad everything is okay I've been wondering how you were doing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear everything is going well!! Post your belly pic!! I started doing the belly pics early, but I totally know what you mean about making it "real" because it still doesnt feel "real" to me yet...hopefully once I get out of the first tri!
    Thats so cool that you are feeling them move around - what an amazing feeling that must be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad all is well! I know that lower belly/back pain and it is freaky, but YAY for your cervix! Take it easy and drink TONS of water- that helps me feel better anyway.

    Cannot wait to see the belly. I am so happy you are getting to feel plenty of movement. Amazing, isn't it?

    Don't be a stranger!

    ReplyDelete