So sorry for the delay. I should have just done a quick post, but I was hoping maybe I'd have the ultrasound pictures scanned by now. Which hasn't happened. So Monday we went for our ultrasound. The tech was great and asked us right away if you wanted to know what they were. She had pretty much no sooner put the ultrasound probe on my stomach, and it was fairly obvious what Baby A was (once she figured out which was which). She asked if we wanted to take a guess and DH and I both said at the same time that it was a ...

BOY!!!!
So, she continued to do the ultrasound. She had some trouble with getting some of the anatomy on him because he was bouncing around everywhere. But eventually she got everything she needed and moved onto baby B. Baby B was even more trouble is some cases because of the was it was sorta curled around Baby A. She actually wasn't able to get a good profile at all so couldn't see the nose or mouth, and couldn't get one of the arms. But, she was able to ultrasound the key thing for the day and Baby B is a .....
GIRL!!!!
We are having a boy and a girl!! We haven't decided on any names yet. I did also ask her about my cervix length. She didn't give me a specific number, but said it looked just fine. So everything is looking good for now!
Tuesday night we had our first childbirth class. There were about 8 other couples in the class, and our due date was the farthest away, which I expected. I know we're a little early, but I wanted to make sure we got them in in case I ended up on bed rest. They are mostly for DH, though, anyway - and just the experience of going through them together. I see women in labor every day, so the information itself is not new to me. But, it is something that will be a good experience for DH and I to go through. Plus, we'll miss one of the 3 weeks that are focused on learning about labor because we're going to a multiples class that they have instead.
Then yesterday was my regular every 2 week OB appointment. That went pretty well. It was a bit of an appointment full of contradictions. First the doctor told me I needed to gain more weight, but then looking at it closer said that my weight was OK. He thought my sugars looked fine, but it almost seemed like he thought the metformin I'm taking wasn't necessary but told me to stay on it. Just ups and downs. The nurse also was doing her normal 20 week talk to patients, and tried to give me the glucola to take with me to do a GTT again. Thankfully I was able to talk her out of that!
Then yesterday was my regular every 2 week OB appointment. That went pretty well. It was a bit of an appointment full of contradictions. First the doctor told me I needed to gain more weight, but then looking at it closer said that my weight was OK. He thought my sugars looked fine, but it almost seemed like he thought the metformin I'm taking wasn't necessary but told me to stay on it. Just ups and downs. The nurse also was doing her normal 20 week talk to patients, and tried to give me the glucola to take with me to do a GTT again. Thankfully I was able to talk her out of that!
The only other thing to come out of the appointment is I'm not sure now how long they're going to let me keep working. The doctor asked me what my plan was for work and when I said I didn't really have one, that I was going to see how things went, he mentioned the "traditional" 28 weeks stop time for twins. He wasn't real set on it, and did say (after we talked about what my job was like) that we'll see how things go. But, I still felt like that I should mention it to my boss today, just in case, since that is only 7 weeks away!! And it's only a week after we had planned to go away for the week to the beach. We're just driving and it's not really far away, so I don't think they'll be any problem with going. But, I did not think I'd be stopping work any time close to that - unless things aren't going well and then we won't be going away anyway.
Even with all the confusion at the appointment, he was happy with everything he saw and I just go back again in two weeks. So, it's been a good week! And now, since I didn't get the ultrasounds scanned, I can at least leave you with a 20 week belly picture.
Even with all the confusion at the appointment, he was happy with everything he saw and I just go back again in two weeks. So, it's been a good week! And now, since I didn't get the ultrasounds scanned, I can at least leave you with a 20 week belly picture.


Congrats & Congrats!! I think it's awesome you are having both, you are going to have sooo much fun!! I'm thrilled for you! :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! Boy and Girl!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is so exciting! Cogratulations! You look super cute too.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on having a boy and a girl!! :)
ReplyDeleteYAYYYY! A boy and a girl- how awesome.
ReplyDeleteYou look great and glad your appointments went well. You are just moving right along, my dear. Great news!
YAY! One of each! So exciting! Congratulations
ReplyDeleteOh, a boy and a girl!!! How perfect! I'm so glad everything is going well. We're starting our childbirth classes earlier than normal too, but mostly because they don't offer as many classes during the holidays when we would need ours.
ReplyDeleteGreat belly shot!
Congrats & Congrats!! I started my first IVF cycle yesterday. Keeping my fingers crossed the entire time.
ReplyDeleteStill no update!! I'm disappointed in you! LOL! :) Don't forget about us!
ReplyDelete