Monday, July 13, 2009

Back to work

I went back to work today after a 4 day weekend of relaxing. And it wasn't too bad. Some occasional slight pain, but nothing like I was having. I just have to be careful not to be on my feet too much and not to lift anything. Like I made the mistake of lifting up a baby in it's carseat and carrying it down the hall. A baby alone is fine, but those car seats just make them heavy! Now I'm home and laying down, and feel pretty good. It'll be another early to bed night, but it's worth it.

I went to Human Resources today too and got the papers that need filled out for a leave of absence, just in case. That way if something happens, I have them - especially since work is an hour away. The papers to fill out for short term disability are on their way too. I just feel safer knowing we have everything and don't have to worry about it if I end up in the hospital or something. Especially since DH is only working part time right now. He's trying to find another part time job until the fall when he's going to do some student teaching, but he's been having trouble with the way the economy is right now. I'm hoping I can convince the doctor to do another ultrasound on Wed at my next appointment to check my cervix again, just to see if it's changed at all. I don't know if they'll go for it or not. Just to give me more peace of mind. I'm all about peace of mind these days.

2 comments:

  1. I am all about the peace of mind, too! The docs know that... so I hope he'll scan you. It sounds like your body just wants you to rest up, and slow down. Good job for listening to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are doing well! Love the belly shots, keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete