It's been a crazy couple of weeks. There's been a baby boom at work - there were 18 babies when I got there on Thursday, and we only have 12 post-partum rooms. But, it's been slow for awhile, so we all knew it was coming eventually.
It's been eventful at home too. I had my last RE appointment two Wednesdays ago, and then my first OB appointment this past Wednesday. I also saw the nutritionist since last week since I had failed my 3 hour GTT. I just started taking my blood sugars this past Wednesday, though. The RE didn't know what guidelines to give me, so I waited until I saw the OB. Plus, I needed a prescription for the testing supplies. So far, they've been OK, so I'm hoping they'll stay that way.
The OB appointment was pretty uneventful. The RE had done all of my initial labwork, so there were no blood draws. Though, they couldn't find either my chart, or the information from the RE, so I had to tell them everything. So, the OB basically just came in, told me what hospital they deliver at, what the risks of a twin pregnancy were, and listened to the heartbeats and we were done. It's so odd being a "normal" pregnant person now. I've gotten used to the weekly ultrasounds. Now, even with being pregnant with twins, they didn't want to see me again for 4 weeks! Well, actually, I'm going back in two weeks to go over my blood sugars, but if not for that, it would be a whole month before going back. It almost makes me want to get a doppler. Maybe I can just use one at work if I get nervous!
I am now officially 13 weeks. And I am starting to feel much better. The fatigue is easing a bit, and I've actually felt up to hanging out with other people a bit. I went yard-saling with my SIL last Saturday and made my first few baby purchases. Nothing major - mostly just some little things like blankets and burp clothes. A Penn State onsies. My SIL made out much better than I did. She only spent $20 and got a TON of toys for her little boy. I think his favorite, though was the set of plastic blocks she spent .50 on.
I also bought my first few maternity clothes on Wednesday. Though the experience was somewhat ruined thanks to some teenagers. I was in the dressing room trying on the pants I had picked out, and this group of 4 teenagers came in and the one girl was trying on clothes. They were loud and laughing and giggling, poking fun at the supposed father - telling him it was too late now. She was already pregnant. But, I really doubt that she was. We were talking to the saleswoman after they left, and she said they get kids in there all the time. They think it's funny to try on the clothing, and will try to tell the salespeople that their mom is pregnant, or some other excuse so they can try things on. Maybe it's just the hormones, but this was such a milestone for me. To actually bring myself to be able to walk into a maternity store and buy something and not feel like I was risking anything. And instead I got to hear this kids laughing and joking around about something I treasure so much.
I feel so blessed that I have made it to this point. The second trimester. I thought I'd never get here, and already the first trimester has flown by.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Thanks for the update! I've been thinking about you! Glad to hear everything is ok with the 2 beans!! :)
ReplyDeleteNice to hear from you! So glad the babies are doing well, and growing away! I am sorry the tweens ruined the maternity clothes experience... at least you know you'll have LOTS more time to buy! :)
ReplyDeleteHang in there with the blood sugar testing. I am glad you are a such a good "patient"!
Hugs!
Carrie
I hope you are still doing well! Sorry for the rude teenagers at the maternity store...sheesh, how bored are they??!
ReplyDeleteGoodness it's been forever since you last updated, everything ok??
ReplyDelete