So, my big discovery this week is that I should have been using cruise control on my commute a long time ago. I had been waking up with pain in my right hip. I know that this can be a part of pregnancy, but I thought it was a little early to be happening to me. So, I started thinking that maybe my drive had something to do with it because almost all my pain that I've had has been on my right side. I commute one hour each way to work, so this week, I tried an experiment where I started using the cruise control again. And I haven't woken up with hip pain all week!
This was a somewhat eventful week. Tuesday we had my MIL, SIL and nephew over for dinner to show off our new floor that kept me upstairs all last weekend.
Wed was just a night to relax, and then Thursday we had dinner an my in-laws. Friday was a big milestone. I hit 20 weeks!! Halfway there (and probably a little more than halfway). Only four more weeks until viability. That night, DH and I went to dinner at a friend's house and then went to services with them. The friend is a co-worker, and her husband is a Rabbi. Since my husband is also clergy, we have a lot in common and they've been trying to have us over for awhile. Unfortunately, we live about an hour away from each other - even though we both commute about an hour to work - just in different directions. I had never been to a Jewish service, and it was quite interesting. I didn't understand a lot of it, but it was interesting to see none the less.
This weekend has been quiet. We were going to go see Harry Potter, but just didn't make it. Yesterday we decided to take advantage of the warm weather we were finally having and go swimming over at the in-laws. And today we ended up watching the Brickyard 400 instead, after church and dinner. I have to admit though, as much as I want to see the movie, I get uncomfortable so easily lately that the idea of sitting in a movie for 2 and a half hours is a little daunting. Maybe next weekend for DH's birthday.
It's a big week coming up too. Tomorrow is finally our "big" ultrasound! It seems like it has taken forever to get here. It's not until later in the day and I'll try and post what we find out. My guess is there is at least one girl because all the dreams I've had involve at least one girl. But, I would love to have a little girl, so that could be tainting my dreams a bit. Then Tuesday, we start our childbirth classes. It's a little early, but we're going to the beach in early September, and I was afraid if we waited until after then, there was a chance we might not be able to finish them if these little ones came early. I just hope I can stay awake for them since then go until 9pm and lately my bedtime is around 8!


Congrats on 20 weeks! WOO HOO! I cannot wait to hear what kind of babies are growing inside- I am so excited to find out! :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy seeing your darling babies swimming around. Hugs!
Wow -- lots of news in your world! Can't wait to hear the big news tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteWhat are you having?! I'm on pins and needles here (no pun intended with the needles part)!!
ReplyDelete