We had another good appointment on Monday. They were able to see heartbeats on both our little peanuts, and then played them for us on the U/S machine. Both were measuring 6w1d, and I was 6w3d at the time, which is great. They did find a subchorionic hematoma behind baby B, so I'm thinking that's why I had some bleeding last week. It didn't seem too big, and I'm not on any restrictions, so they didn't seem too concerned about it. The doctor just told me to take it easy. So, I try to stay off my feet as much as I can at work - though days like today where we had 3 babies in 20 minutes it's not always easy. But, then I just rest when I get home. Like today when I fell asleep around 6:30 and took a nice two hour nap!
I still haven't told my dad he's going to be a grandpa again. I mean to call him every day, but just can't seem to bring myself to do it. We don't have the closest relationship - my parents divorced when I was 4. He's always been there, but he didn't know we were going through IVF. I haven't even talked to him since my birthday two months ago. Part of it, though, is I feel like telling him will finally make me admit to myself that I really am pregnant. Or that by telling him, I'm tempting fate and that something will go wrong after that. I told myself that I was going to wait until we saw heartbeats, which we did Monday. But now that there's this hematoma, I'm just scared to call him. It makes no sense.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Yay for heartbeats! Grow babies, grow!!!
ReplyDeleteI understand how it feels strange to tell people, like the pregnancy is somehow less safe once the world knows. I totally get that... wait until you feel ready, no rush!
My doc found a subchorionic hematoma on my last scan, too, and I have not had any bleeding, hoping I don't at all. It is nice to know someone else who has one- it kind of freaked me out. I am glad your bleeding has stopped and you are feeling great. I am so happy for you!
Hugs,
Carrie
ok im confused,how many babies are there? lol
ReplyDeleteYay!! Two healthy heartbeats!!!
ReplyDeleteI bet your dad will be so thrilled when he hears the news. I wouldn't pressure myself too much about it. You'll tell him when it feels right.
I'm glad that you were able to see the HB's at your appt and everything is fine. Soon I'm sure you'll be able to share your good news. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteDef get rest, those hemotomas are pesky little things and cause alot of worry.
That is great you saw the heartbeats!!! I must have missed your post about having twins so congrats!!!!! Take all the time that you need to call your dad. I give you props for going through this tough time and to have to deal with family issues as well. That would be tough! HUGS!
ReplyDeleteSoo exciting!!! I am so happy for you!!
ReplyDeleteIf the doctors didnt seem too concerned then I would stress about it!! Just stay off the feet as much as possible...
And you dont have to rush into telling your father. I bet you it will just come out one day...maybe just call without the intent to tell him and see what happens!
Good Luck!
I'm glad you got to see the heartbeats! Yeah! I'm not really sure what a hematoma is but it sounds like you just better play it safe and take it easy. Good luck telling your dad. TWINS! EEEK!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad the appointment went well and you were able to see the heartbeats. WONDERFUL!!
ReplyDeleteI understand about not telling your dad. Sometimes it seems like too much pressure, and that we're having to monitor everyone else's expectations and happiness, too. Take your time, and when it is right you can tell him. Hey, lots of fertiles don't tell until three months anyway!
Congrats on a great ultrasound! Good luck with taking it easy -- I've never been very good at that, myself. ;)
ReplyDeleteI feel that way alot...that speaking the words aloud or telling someone will jinx myself. It's crazy, but I totally get how you feel! Congrats on the heartbeats! Wow!
ReplyDeleteHello, it's been awhile since you posted so I just wanted to check in with you, hope all is well! :)
ReplyDelete