Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fast Week

I can't believe it's been a week since I posted last. I went back to work the day last Thursday and have been going ever since. Thursday and Friday were long days at work, though not bad. Just some things to catch up on since I had missed a bunch of days. Plus, Thursday night we had dinner with my in-laws, and it was the first time I saw my BIL, SIL and nephew since they had moved back from TN earlier in the week. And, it's my normal night for handbell practice. Friday, my BIL had people over for pizza to that them for helping them move in. Now, I did not help since I was on bedrest at the time, but I got to participate since DH helped :)

Saturday was my nephew's first birthday party. It was a pretty good day. I went that morning to BRU to get his gift since I hadn't had time before. And I must admit, it was a little overwhelming at the time. Lots of pregnant bellies or babies every where you looked. It seemed like a popular time to work on the registries. (I did almost park in one of the "reserved for moms-to-be" spots, but restrained myself.) But, the rest of the day was fun. I was a little worried about how I'd feel because they got pregnant (on their first try) almost at the exact same time DH and I started trying. So, seeing my nephew is a very visual reminder of what we could have. But, he's just so adorable that it's hard not to have a good time around him. He was so excited to get one of his toys back that was living at his other set of grandparent's house for the week. And loved a lot of the new toys that he got.

Sunday was church and dinner at the in-laws again, which we do every Sunday. Then we watched a whole bunch of sports the rest of the day - the NASCAR race, then some March Madness, and finally watched Tiger win his first match since coming back from his time off. The rest of the week has just been filled with work. It's made the time go so much faster. I can hardly believe that my beta is tomorrow. (Well, I had one drawn yesterday, but they won't run it until tomorrow.) I'm teaching a class for some of the doctors at work tomorrow - right when I should be getting a call from the RE. So, I'm really hoping that it's going to be good news. It's going to be really hard to go back to teaching if I'm bawling my eyes out.

I have been debating with myself whether or not to POAS. Part of me just wants to know, and know right now! But, I really got burned on my first IUI. I was well past where the HCG trigger should have been out of my system, and decided to take a test on Thanksgiving day since I had the day off so I could have the day off of work to deal with it. I got a BFP, but the next morning, it was white as can be BFN, and the beta was negative. I know that can't happen again, since I used Lupron as a trigger instead of Ovidrel, but there's still this fear that I'll get a BFP, only to find out tomorrow that my betas aren't doubling. I did go buy some tests, though, so maybe I will test in the morning. At least that will give me a little bit of an idea so I can prepare myself for the call in the middle of my class. I'm sure I'll continue to debate with myself all evening, and maybe all night. I have a feeling I won't sleep very well tonight.

9 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow! I really hope this is it for you. Someone needs a break around here in the IF world. I hope it's you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I will be impatiantly waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fingers are crossed for your beta! I am thinking sticky baby thoughts, and can't wait to hear. HUGS! And try to get some sleep- easier said than done. ;)

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Time really has flown by, can't believe your betas are tomorrow!! Yikes! Can't wait to here the results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely sending you tons of good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay so seriously.. I have been checking your blog all day!! I'm praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping today went well . . . . hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you all the luck in the world tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete