Sunday, May 10, 2009

Still Here

I didn't realize how long it's been since I last posted! Everything is still going well. Our last appointment last Monday, the babies were doing well, measuring 8w2d, and we were 8w3d. I think I haven't post just because I've been so exhausted. I barely move once I get home. But, it must be helping somehow, because the hematoma was just about gone on Monday as well. You could still see it a little bit, but they didn't even measure it. I have three more appointments with them, and I scheduled my first OB appointment for the first week in June.

I finally managed to call my dad this week and tell him. I was nervous doing it, that somehow something would go wrong then, but I called him Monday afternoon, and so far everything's been ok. I've been more tired this week then I have been, though the nausea has eased up at times. I'm still extremely grateful for the Zofran. I don't know how I would function without it. But even still, I haven't managed to gain any weight. I try to eat a lot, but just can't manage to for some reason.

This post is just all over the place. I have such conflicting feelings about today - Mother's Day. It's been a hard day the past couple of years. This year, I feel like it should be easier - I'm 9 weeks pregnant. But I'm still in that "danger" part of the pregnancy. I don't have a baby in my arms yet.

There's already been a lot of talk at work about what's going to happen when I'm out. I'm the only one who does my job, so there isn't really anyone to replace me, and I'm not quite sure what's going to happen. The main purpose of my job it to be at the hospital for c-sections during the day so the pediatricians don't have to leave their offices to come to them. They functioned for years without me, but now they don't know what they're going to do when I'm on leave. But, I don't even know how long my OB is going to let me work, since I haven't even seen them yet, so it's been hard to tell them anything definite. I'd love to work as long as I can, but I commute an hour each way, so I have a feeling at some point around 32-34 weeks (as long as everything has gone ok) they might want me to stay home. We'll have to see.

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are doing ok!! So I'm still confused, how many babies are there again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear that everything is going well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear everyone is doing well! I've been wondering where you were! :) So glad your babies are growing away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh ok!! Sorry I got a little confused!! I'm happy for you that things are going good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad everything is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update - wonderful news that both babies are still growing and healthy! Can't imagine how tired you must be with two in there, and your busy job. I'm sure they will find a way to survive without you ~ and hopefully you don't stress too much about the transition. For four years I commuted an hour each way, so I understand HOW difficult that is. I'm sure you'll need to take it easy near the end of the pregnancy. Take care, try to rest, and I hope the nausea goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete