Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ups and Downs

It's been an up and down week so far. Monday was my first post-positive beta ultrasound. I was really nervous about it, but things went really well. There were TWO perfect little gestational and yolk sacs. No heartbeats yet, but I was only 5weeks and 3 days. So, twins! I think DH is a little overwhelmed. He sent me a text message later in the day saying that if we wanted to talk about finding Lacey (our dog) a good home, we could. She's a little rambunctious, but nothing crazy. And by the time these babies are born, she'll be over two years old, so hopefully she'll have calmed down even more.

Yesterday was a little more of a down day. First of all, there was a wreck on the highway right by my house as I was leaving for work. So my normal one hour commute took me two hours. It took me 45 minutes to go 2 miles. The rest of the day was going ok - morning sickness lasted a little longer than usual, but it had finally eased up. I was standing up looking for something in my purse and all the sudden (TMI alert) I felt something leaking. I thought at first it was maybe just a little discharge, but then it kept going. So, I head to the bathroom and there is bright red blood flowing out. I had been having some more intense cramping for a little bit then I have had up to that point, but I thought that it was just a new symptom. Since it was more than just some spotting, and I had cramping with it, I called my RE. They had me leave work, come to the office to have some blood work drawn, and sent me home to rest.

So, today I'm still resting. Thankfully, the bleeding has stopped - just a little bit of brown blood this morning. I'm still waiting to hear from the RE to see what the blood work showed. They had me do an extra PIO shot when I got home yesterday too. So since today is my estrogen shot day, too, I'll have four shots in two days. It's a little sore in that area :) I'm not sure if they're going to let me go back to work or not yet, though I'm not in a hurry to go back. The bleeding was just so sudden. I hadn't been on my feet alot, I wasn't lifting anything. The only thing different about my day was the two hour drive. It was definitely scary seeing that bright red blood. I'm really hoping that doesn't happen again.

7 comments:

  1. Please keep us updated.....

    Stay rested and keep those beans SAFE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, ups and downs are right! I am so excited for your TWO sacs! YAYYY!!!

    The bleeding must have been super scary, but I am sure you know many, many people bleed during pregnancy and end up just fine. Hang in there! I am glad your RE is watching you.

    Keep your feet up, and I hope no more bleeding shows up. Congrats on TWINS!!

    Hugs,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many prayers are lifted for you, your husband and the twins. I hope all is well. Rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be scary! Keep resting and I will pray that everything will be okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Twins! Congratulations!!

    Take it slow and keep yourself well rested!!
    Keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs and prayers that your little ones are safe. (Congratulations on TWO sacs! So exciting)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow! I don't know how I missed this, but TWINS!!! How exciting.

    ReplyDelete