Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The surreal life

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that I'm pregnant. Despite the fact that I've already started having some slight morning sickness. Nothing crazy - just a little bit of nausea off and on. Mostly if I haven't eaten enough.

This week has been dragging, though. I just want it to be Monday and have the ultrasound over, so I can start letting things sink in. I just can't yet. It's too soon.

I have managed to finish the Twilight series in my attempt to keep my mind off of things. I ended up really enjoying it in the end. I think I still don't quite get all the crazy hype about it. But, I did get drawn in and finished the last book in a few days. And I enjoyed the outcome. Now, I just have to wait until the movie comes up on our Netflix list so I can compare the two :)

9 comments:

  1. I'm stuck in the middle of the third book. I really want to finish it to get to Breaking Dawn but OMG @ all the whining teenage angst!

    I'll be waiting with baited breath for Mondays results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you will like the books much better than the movie! I am so excited for your ultrasound! My second one is that day- what time is yours? I am 9 am on the West coast- I can't wait to see your pictures! :) Hang in there til Monday!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it will take some time to get used to being pregnant. I hope Monday comes soon (for you and I both, since I'm still in the 2ww!).

    My friend just delivered the entire Twilight series to me, as a distraction. I'm almost through the first book - in three sittings - and it's been a good time-suck so far.

    Hang in there! And, good luck on the appt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear things are going well...nausea is a good sign!

    And I loved the movie, it is mostly right on. The bad part is since I had read the whole series prior to the movie, I had pictures in my brain for everthing. Some matched, most did not. But at least the story was pretty authentic.

    I'll be following over the next few months so keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwh. I am so happy for you that IVF worked. You are a total inspiration to me and I hope that I am as lucky as you are! Even though you wont need them (((((Sticky vibes)))) and let us know how that ultrasound goes! How exciting and nerve wracking at the same time!! Hope this weekend goes quick for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Twilight. Hopefully the events of the fourth book haven't completely scared you off from childbirth....although I suspect that seeing Edward in the movie will completely wipe that out of your mind. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know waiting sucks! The twil.ight movie isn't as good as the book. I mean...it is good, don't get me wrong, but the book just paints a very detailed picture and the movie would've been too long if they were as detailed. Can you tell I am one of those crazy twil.ight fans..hehe Can't wait to see your ultrasound :D I know it will be exciting. I have only 3 more days til I know if I am pg...AHHHH...it won't come fast enought! Love and Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrie - my ultrasound is at 7:30 on Monday, and I live on the east coast.

    There are a lot of Twilight fans out there! I watched the trailer to the movie on our on demand today, and I think I'm going to have a hard time getting past the pictures I've painted in my head already. But I still can't wait to watch it! And I've seen enough real life scary childbirths that the one in the fourth book wasn't that scary :). But just like Bella, I'd sacrifice anything for the little one(s) growing inside me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's always these first few weeks that are so surreal. And then it's all a blur, you are huge, complaining of hip pain and then WHAM! It's over. Well, at least that's how it goes with me! :)

    ReplyDelete