I was talking to my mom the other day, and she informed me that my brother's ex-girlfriend, who's the mother of my nephew, is 6 or 7 months pregnant. There was a brief moment where I was afraid that my brother was the father because I had just found out a few weeks before that he had gotten back together with her briefly earlier in the year. But no, a different guy is the father, someone she dated briefly and then kicked to the curb because he didn't treat her well. And she doesn't want him involved with the baby at all. Life is just so odd sometimes. Here we are - well educated, financially stable couple waiting for a baby, and she had to ask my brother for money to pay her rent so she wouldn't be evicted last month.
On a good note, I'm crossing my fingers that the worst of the metformin side effects are over. I'm taking the regular metformin, and started with just one pill a day for a week, and then went up to two a day on Saturday. I skipped one does Monday morning, but I took both yesterday and today and have been fine all day today. Hopefully that continues.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Sorry to hear about your brothers ex. I just dont understand why we have to go through all of this either. Glad the met is treating you well. I hope thats all you needed!
ReplyDeleteWhen my (20 year old, at the time) sister got pregnant last spring, I was seriously like WTF?! I mean there's so many people pining for a baby, and she certainly didn't need the added responsibility. Thankfully everything worked out great, and my nephew has made my sister a completely different (and BETTER) person. That's not to say that sometimes I still don't look around with jealousy/confusion at people who have gotten pregnant who don't really "deserve" it.
ReplyDeleteWhew, sounds like the met might be evening out a bit. It gets better, I'll almost promise. :)
Sigh. That's not fair.
ReplyDeleteAs for the metformin, I found that if I took it with food, and avoided really fatty food, I did much better.
thanks for de-lurking.
I take Metforming and generally only have stomach troubles if I eat a bunch of junk food. Otherwise, I'm fine. Hope it gets better for you as you get used to it.
ReplyDelete