Monday, January 12, 2009

Empty Reader

My Google reader is empty for the first time in months, I think. It feels like such an accomplishment. I think I fell behind when I went on vacation over the summer! I almost caught up a few times, but would just fall behind again. I just looked and I have 159 subscriptions. I love reading, and it's so easy to add more on.

I'm thinking that this won't last long, however. I've started studying for my recertification exam for my job. I have to take it every six years, and this is the first time I'm taking it as a recertification. I took the initial certification exam a month or so after I graduated from grad school 6 years ago. I spent that entire four weeks studying since I didn't have a job yet. It's going to be interesting studying while working as well. I started this weekend, and already had dreams both nights that I was back in college.

On the TTC front, part of me is regretting that I talked to the RE about starting metformin at our last visit. I know it's the best thing, but the GI side effects are not pleasant at all. I'm hoping that I get used to the medicine soon. I think I've already lost a few pounds, and I don't really have the weight to lose. I was at the RE today to have my blood drawn for our karyotype. DH goes on Friday, but we won't get the results back for 3-4 weeks. So, a whole month off of visits to the RE. It's a relief at this point to have that little break.

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world as a contributor! It has brought me so much peace as we have made our IVF journey, I hope you discover the same. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging. I hope you find it a distraction and a comfort and maybe even find some laughs along the way.

    Good luck on your exam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to the IF blogosphere! sorry it has to be under these circumstances, but i think that you will find the group here to be very supportive! it's been a great help to me as i go through this journey!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kind of a met pusher (ok, not REALLY :o), so hang in there. It made my tummy wonky for a week or 10 days at the beginning, but once I got used to it, it was fantastic. I felt so evened out emotionally - it was kind of like the met was sucking all that extra sugar up for me and allowing my hormones to balance themselves out. Not the technical version I realize, but it was my mental image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even know what google reader was until i read your post and went to find it on mine. LOL Now I've read all mine. I had over 300 unread posts. Geez.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure which Metformin or how much you're on, but my poor stomach couldn't handle the 500mg of regular, I now take 1500mg ER (extended release) and it took me about three days to be fine on it. It's a beautiful thing. Much better than regular!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to Blogging. It's kind of an addiction, but a healthy one! When I started met, I gave myself 2 weeks in between each uppage and it really seemed to make the transition easier. I haven't really seen any weight loss on my end yet, but the yucky side effects have definitely subsided. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete