There are three women at work that are currently pregnant, all three of which I found out about in the past week. All of them are fairly early on, I think. The one girl even announced she was pregnant and thinks she's due Sept 30th if she wheeled herself out correctly (I work on a maternity floor, so we have pregnancy wheels everywhere). But that means she's a little over 4 weeks along. And I'm pretty sure she wasn't even trying, or if she was, it wasn't for long because she was with a different person just a few months ago. People at work like to say that pregnancies always seem to happen in threes with our co-workers. And this is now the third set of three to become pregnant since we started trying. And one in the current set was also part of one of the previous sets of three. This set happened so fast, though, at least there was no one saying "I'm sure you'll be next."
For some reason, being around the one girl is really bothering me. I'm thankful I'm only around her for an hour or so a day. I thought I had gotten past the point where pregnant women bother me. Well, I should say pregnant women I know. I'm around pregnant women every day due to my job. It's just been hard when it's been friends or relatives. When I feel like I'm getting "left behind." Maybe it's because I'm in a break from TTC and not moving forward. It was a lot easier when I felt like I was moving forward, or there was the possibility that I was pregnant.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm sorry about the pregnant women. It's true. They do come in threes. I heard that all the time at my last job, when we were trying to get pregnant. "Oh so-and-so is pregnant, you know it comes in threes. I'll bet you're pregnant this month." Never was my month though. And it hurt like hell. So, I'm wrapping you in a big hug and wishing you the very best that life has to offer!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you are surrounded at work (with patients and co-workers). I can't stand to see anyone pregnant, so I don't know how you do it!!
ReplyDeleteTake care.
I know exactly what you mean!! I work in an OB/GYN office, so I see more than my share of pregnant women. I remember not that long ago that one of the newer employees in our office was overly obsessed with trying to have a baby. I think her and her husband tried for maybe 4 months, then gave up on it. She just decided that it was God's way of telling her to be happy with the kids she has now. Yeah, whatever...
ReplyDeleteAlso, with the 3's thing...I hear that quite a bit too. For awhile I thought I could be one of those special 3, until I hear that third announcement from one of my friends or find out a coworker is pregnant.
*sigh* The lives we live...