ER has been one of my favorite shows forever. I started watching it when it first came on, and have watched it faithfully ever since. It's literally been on for half my life - it's on it's 15th season and I turn 30 next month. I have memories associated with it through different stages in my life. Throughout college, no matter what we had going on the next day, not matter what test we were studying for, a group of us always gathered to watch ER on Thursday night (we were all science majors). I remember it being something DH and I would talk about back when we first met when we were in high school, giving us something to talk about when we were just getting to know each other. Last night it really made me proud. They started doing and infertility story line a few weeks ago with one of the doctors, played by Angela Bas.sett and it's been so realistic. A little bit rushed, but actually talked about checking FSH levels, showed her giving herself injections. And last night they went for an egg retrieval with four follicles. I was a little worried the were going to have everything work out perfectly, but they didn't. The actually showed some of the pain that infertility can cause- the doctor's husband coming to her in the recovery room and telling her that there were no eggs retrieved. I don't know where the story is going to go from here, but it was refreshing to see a show deal with the struggle of infertility realistically. From what I read, Angela Bas.sett struggled with infertility herself, having her children through a surrogate, and I think was what made the story seem so real.
I'm still getting used to this blogging thing. And unfortunately being busy the past week or so hasn't helped. Hopefully things will slow down a bit. I started the blog to talk about my infertility struggle, but right now we're in a holding pattern. DH and I went last week to have our blood drawn for our karyotypes, but they won't be back for 2 or 3 weeks yet. And I was half-heartedly keeping track of my temps on Fertility Friend, but I've haven't been sleeping well so I stopped. I don't think I've O'd at all, though, and it's already CD28. Maybe I should call my RE next week and see how long we wants me to go without an AF.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I love ER too, and the IF storyline is interesting to watch. I especially appreciated when Angela (can't remember her show-name) told Morris about her m/c and then this pregnant waitress grabbed her hand and made her feel the baby kick. Annoying!!
ReplyDeleteI can never sleep when temping either...something about worrying and remembering to temp just keeps me awake. Good luck with the test results!