Monday, May 11, 2009

A little too sweet

I had another Monday morning appointment this morning. Everything still looks great. Measuring well, good heart rates. We could even see them moving a bit this morning!

So this afternoon, I looked at my cell phone and had a missed call from "restricted," which 99% of the time is my RE office. When I listened to the message, apparently I had some glucose in my urine when they dipped it today. So, I get to go do my 3hr GTT at some point soon, probably this week. It should be fun trying to do that while still having some nausea off and on, and not being able to eat anything, which is the biggest help for the nausea. I actually had this happen the first time I went to the RE, just for my initial consult. I think they just did a routine urine dip at the beginning of the appointment, and it came back with 3+ glucose. They had me drink some water while I was there and try again before I left. And even with being there 4 hours, it still came back positive. So the RE wouldn't let me leave until I had an appointment with my family doctor the next day. Nothing came of it, though. There was no sugar in my urine the next day, my fasting glucose was fine, and my HgbA1C was fine. So, hopefully I'll have the same result this time, and nothing will come of it!

4 comments:

  1. So glad the babies are growing away in there, and moving around for you to see. :) I am hoping the glucose is nothing, and you get a clean bill of health this week.

    Hugs!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully not either! If they let you pick which drink to get, I think they are either orange and green, pick orange because it tastes just like orange soda/Crush..put it in the freezer for about 30 mins. before drinking it and get it all nice and chilled then hold your breath when you drink it LOL! You'll survive! :) Hope the results turn out good, keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i sure hope everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, I hope the tests come back OK, and the nausea stays away at least for a little bit. I'm so glad the babies are doing well!

    ReplyDelete